Thursdays from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
White Lotus Divine Healing
2607 Saint John’s St, Port Moody
Book by phone – 604-937-5540
Individual fee schedule applies
Reflexology appointments may also be booked through the store on alternate days or at alternate times based on room and practitioner availability.
Reflexology encourages the body to move towards a state of better balance and function. It is a non-invasive, hands-on technique which stimulates reflex points on the feet and/or hands.
The reflex points correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body.
The stimulation of the reflex points reduces stress and tension in the body and encourages the body to move toward balance and better function.
Potential wellness benefits:
– Promotes relaxation and the release of tension.
– Helps to relieve pain.
– Aides in better sleep.
– Helps to support the body’s natural healing abilities.
– Supports the digestive system.
– Improves blood circulation.
– Supports the immune system.
– Helps in the elimination of waste products and fluids from the body.
– Helps to unblock congestion.
– Promotes a balancing effect on hormone production.
– Promotes a balancing effect on mind, body and spirit/heart-centre.
When our body is functioning to its potential, we feel happier, healthier and have more stamina to meet the challenges we encounter.
A brief history
Modern reflexology is thought to have evolved from the knowledge passed down from the ancient civilizations in Egypt, India, China and North and South America.
Reflexology was introduced to North America by Dr. William Fitzgerald, an ear, nose and throat specialistic in the early 20th century. His research centred around using reflexology as a method of anesthesia for use in surgery.
Eunice Ingham, a physical therapist, is known as the Mother of Reflexology. She is credited with introducing reflexology to the modern world through her seminars to lay people and two books – “Stores the Feet Can Tell Thru Reflexology” and “Stories the Feet Have Told Thru Reflexology”.